Sunday, May 15, 2011

"What are some questions and concerns you have about growing up and adulthood?"

     I'm not altogether too frightened by adulthood.  This sounds immature and all, but I'm actually pretty excited.  I mean, of course i love youth and all-But I'm not afraid of responsibility. I'm not afraid of taxes.
    What I'm more afraid of is the journey to being a complete adult, and who i'll be when I'm an adult.  As a teenager,  I feel like these are the days when you start learning about yourself and what you are going to become.  Right now, I have no idea who I'm going to turn out to be.  And that frightens me.
    I guess what i require is a passion.  For me, there isn't that one thing that keeps me going, I haven't found that one thing that i want to spend my whole life doing.  I have many different options, but i don't pursue any of them. Instead, I spend my life wasting away at the computer, or doing nothing but talking about nothing with my friends.
    That's why i'm afraid for the journey ahead, because i don't feel like i'm even ON a journey. At all.   I guess last year i took a journey from childhood to adulthood (That was in the period where nothing went right and i lost my naivete and i was an awkward, depressed half-child.) But that journey to find myself ended up in me changing.  I found myself, but she's gone. I guess the biggest question I have as i mature is:  How am i supposed to find myself, when myself is such an intangible, capricious thing?

No comments:

Post a Comment